Mark Calthers Consulting Limited, a Management Consulting firm with specialist focus on Human Resources Management and Outsourcing Services urgently need the services of an Admin & Accountant Executive.
JOB TYPE: Full time
The successful candidate is expected to be highly organised, enthusiastic and motivated person to support our team to help ensure the smooth, efficient running of our operations.
This role plays a vital part in the administration and smooth running of the business and is pivotal in the co-ordination and implementation of office procedures. The candidate will have the responsibility to;
- To ensure that all financial matters are undertaken in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, the company’s accounting policies and all other applicable regulatory guidelines
- Develop the Finance teams in line with company objectives
- Produce the annual budget and the various required forecasts.
- Produce the daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual management reports including variance analysis and relevant commentary.
- Produce effective Analytical reports / schedules to enable commercial decision-making.
- Develop procedures and policies for various teams, implement and monitor in line with set targets
- Support teams with external relations and issues – Year end audits and Government audits
- Review and update the accounting manual.
- Complete Outstanding Projects – Redesign Chart of Accounts, Implement new reporting format
- Develop Key Performance Indicators, Key drivers for units and monitor
- Maintain sanitary atmosphere in the workplace
- Ensure reliable and dependable facility/asset security system
- Ensure effective control of all inventory and distribution
- Maintain effective documentation of all official vehicles
- Coordinate ticket, accommodation, and meals for official visitors
- Ensure cost effective procurement for entire Company
- Follow up on all procurement expenses and retirement
- Ensure all procurement align with departmental budget
- Source for reliable and efficient vendors for the Company database
- Organize seamless travel arrangements for employees travelling within or outside the country
- Organize interviews and seamless travel arrangements for all employees and directors.
- Adhere to and uphold Policies and Procedures relating to health, safety, and security for quality assurance
- Generate ideas for Continuous Process Improvement
- Any other assigned duties.
- Decision Making
- Problem solving
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication skills
FUNCTIONAL AND TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- The candidate is required to have in-depth knowledge of major accounting software’s/ packages
- Financial management skills – ability to analyze P&L statements, develop operating budgets, forecasting and capital expenditure planning
- Improve working capital
- Improve collections and investment income
- Accurate revenue reporting
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Results-oriented and sense of urgency
- Strong communications skills: written and verbal
- Interpersonal Communication
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Planning Skills
- Time Management
- Attention to Details
- Must be skilled in the use of Accounting software
- Microsoft Excel,Word,PowerPoint,
- Microsoft Project
- Knowledge of HRIS software will be an added advantage
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Key Performance Indicators/ Performance Goals
- Accurate and timely management reports (including management account)
- Low outstanding receivables versus turnover
- Accurate & Quality Data Entry
- Efficient Staff Ratio
- Number of Admin issues arising for which there are no clear policies and guidelines
- Measurement of Admin Policy Violation
- Minimal downtime of office equipment and feedback on assignments
- Usefulness and accuracy of industry best practices survey
- First Degree in Accounting or related field.
- Masters Degree and/or membership of the relevant professional body will be an added advantage(ACA(ICAN), CIMA, ACCA qualifications are required)
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a senior financial management and administration position
- Experience in Management Consulting firms will be an added advantage.
How to Apply:
Click on the apply button above to upload your CV and then send a letter of application by email, putting position applied for as subject of the email, to email@example.com.