Mark Calthers Consulting Limited, a Management Consulting firm with a specialist focus on Human Resources Management and Outsourcing Services urgently requires driven individuals to fill in the following position of a Van Sales Representative
The Van Salesman to promote and sell our products at customer locations. In this role, you will drive a van on an established route, identify new sales leads in the area, and provide services to our regular customers. Your duties will also include keeping sales records and ensuring proper maintenance of the company vehicle.
To ensure success as a Van Salesman, you should possess a clean driving record and demonstrate an excellent track record as a salesperson in a related industry. Ultimately, a first-class Van Salesman becomes a well-known and trusted representative of the company and its products.
- Driving a van and selling products to customers.
- Delivering purchase orders and informing existing customers of new products.
- Increasing sales by promoting products and analyzing competitor behavior.
- Signing sales contracts, taking purchase orders, and collecting payments.
- Accounting for the safe and timeous delivery of purchased products.
- Maintaining sales and delivery records, as well as meeting sales targets.
- Liaising with other departments to ensure optimal customer services.
- Preventing damage to the delivery van and the company products being transported.
- Ensuring the cleanliness of the interior and the exterior of the van.
- Performing basic van maintenance tasks, such as checking tire pressure, and gas and oil levels.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of SSCE
- 2-5 years of experience as a Van Salesman, or similar.
- 1 year experience in sales
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Exceptional ability in meeting sales targets.
- Extensive experience in identifying new customers and negotiating deals.
- Ability to assume responsibility for the delivery van and the products.
- Experience in recordkeeping and managing sales contracts.
- Working knowledge of basic van maintenance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to operate a tablet(smart device) for work.