Employables is committed to protecting the privacy of our users, and strives to provide a safe, secure user experience. This Privacy Statement sets forth the online data collection and usage policies and practices that apply to this web site. It does not apply to information we collect in any other fashion.
By clicking the “Accept” button during registration or by using this site, you explicitly accept, without limitation or qualification, of the collection, use and transfer of the personal information provided by you in the manner described in this Statement. Please read this Statement carefully as it affects your rights and liabilities under law. If you disagree with the way we collect and process personal information collected on the Web site, we recommend that you do not use it.
Scope of this Policy
This policy applies to employables.net (the “Site”) which is owned by Mark Calthers Consulting Limited. It is employables’s policy to comply with data protection legislation. This regulates the processing of information relating to you and grants you various rights in respect of your personal data.
The Sites contain links to other web sites over which we have no control. Employables is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of other web sites to which you choose to link from this site. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those other web sites so you can understand how they collect, use and share your information.
Information We Collect and Retain
You do not have to give us any personal information in order to perform job searches or to read the content portions of our Site. We collect the following general types of information about you when you visit our Sites: personal information, demographic information, behavioral information, and indirect information. Sometimes we collect combinations of all these types of information. In each case, it is indicated on the web site whether any personal or demographic data must be provided to use the requested service or not.
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you, or any other individual to whom the information may relate, personally. We do not collect personal information unless you choose to provide it to us. Some examples of personal information that we collect in some areas of our Site, depending on the services you use and local law, are:
• Your name
• Email address
• Telephone number
• Credit card number
• Contact information
• Billing information
• Information about third parties, such as references or contacts, that you provide to us if you have their express written consent to do so
Demographic information is information that is not unique to you in the sense that it refers to selected population characteristics, such as your ZIP code or postal code, age, preferences, gender, race or ethnicity, occupation, career history, interests and favorites.
We also collect behavioral information regarding how you use our sites, the areas of our site that you visit, what services you access, and information about your computer hardware and software including your IP address, geographical location, browser and operating system type, domain names, access times and referring Web site addresses. This information is necessary for analyzing the use of resources, troubleshooting problems, preventing fraud, and improving our services.
How Information is used
We use the information we gather on the web site for the purposes of providing our services, responding to any queries you may have, operating and improving the web site, fostering a positive user experience and delivering the products and services that we offer to jobseekers and employers. Our services include the display of personalized products, content, and advertising relating to your career experience and interests. The information we gather on any employables web site may be shared within our company on a worldwide basis, including countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection with respect to your country of residence, in order to deliver these products and services.
By registering with Employable, by managing your profile, or expressly opting in when presented with choices, you have consented for us to use your information, subject to local law, in the following ways:
• to allow you to create an account;
• to create a profile for you based on information that you have provided to us;
• to contact you about employables Site updates, informational and service-related communications, including important security updates;
• to provide you additional communications, information, and promotions such as newsletters and career advice;
• to inform you of other products or services available from employables or its affiliates (“Affiliates” means entities that control, are controlled by or are under common control with Employable, Inc.);
• to enable you to provide feedback, to contact us and for us to respond to you;
• to conduct surveys, questionnaires, promotions and contests, and to provide the results thereof such as success stories and contest winners;
• to provide information about you and your potential interest in job postings to employer customers;
• to provide products and services to employer customers to complete the recruitment and hiring process, such as accessing the searchable resume database;
• to provide products and services that enable users to network, post information on bulletin boards, view and compare profiles, and career background and experience;
• to generate internal reports about the use of our site; and
• to provide ‘forward to a friend’ features.
Some of our products and services, such as our searchable resume database and networking, enable third parties to see your personal information and to contact you. Profile information may be used for networking with other community members or may be visible to employers who are using the Employable Sites. In addition, portions of your searchable resume (but not your contact information) may be made public in your networking profile.
Information you post in public areas of the site or placed in the searchable resume database will be accessed, used, and stored by others around the world, including countries that might not have legislation that guarantees adequate protection with respect to your country of residence. By providing your personal information for inclusion in our database, you acknowledge that you consent to your information being used as described here. While employables takes measures to safeguard your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use by third parties, Employables controls the use by third parties and we are not responsible for their use of information you post or otherwise make available in public areas of the Sites
Disclosure of Information to Others
We disclose to third parties within your country and abroad your personal information, combined personal, demographic, behavioral or indirect information, as set forth below.
1. We may share your information with third parties who help us in the delivery of our own products and services to you. We disclose information to companies and individuals we employ to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include hosting our web servers, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies and individuals may be located in a country whose data protection legislation is different from your country, and they will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not share that information with any other third party or use that data for any other purpose. We will remain the data controller and be responsible for any information shared in this way.
2. We may disclose such information to third parties if you consent to such disclosure. For example, if you make your resume searchable, then all parties with access to our searchable resume database (or copies thereof) will have access to that database. If you indicate by configuring your profile that you would like to receive information about the opportunities, products or services of third parties, we supply your contact information to select third parties such as employers, recruiters, data aggregators, marketers or others for the purpose of sending you e-mail or otherwise communicating with you. We use data we have about you (such as the interests and preferences you have expressed) to determine whether you might be interested in the opportunities, products or services of a particular third party.
We also share aggregated anonymous information about visitors to the Sites with employables clients, partners, other Site visitors, and other third parties so that they can understand the kinds of visitors to the Sites and how those visitors use the Sites. We may also aggregate on an anonymous basis data regarding job qualifications, schooling, age, experience level or other information relevant to the job search or competition among job seekers for any such job. Such data may be made available to employers or fellow job seekers or community members.
If you apply for a position on Employable through a Hosted Career Site, you may be asked to provide information on your gender, race, other protected status, or for a government identity number (such as a Social Security Number in the U.S.) where permitted by applicable law. Some employers are required by law to gather this information from job applicants for reporting and record-keeping requirements. You should understand that if provided, this information may only be used by employers only in accordance with applicable law and they should not use it in making any negative employment decisions. All information provided will be kept separate from your expression of interest in any job opportunity. Providing this information is subject to local law.
3. We disclose information if legally required to do so, if requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith – after considering your privacy interests and other factors – that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (b) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (c) prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public. Because Mark Calthers Consulting is a Nigerian company and information collected on our Sites is stored in whole or in part in the Nigeria, your information may become subject to Nigeria legal system.
4. We may disclose and transfer such information to a third party who acquires all or a substantial portion of employables business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets. In addition, in the event Employables becomes the subject of an insolvency proceeding, whether voluntary or involuntary, Employables or its liquidator, administrator, receiver or administrative receiver may sell, license or otherwise dispose of such information in a transaction approved by the court. You will be notified of the sale of all or a substantial portion of our business to a third party by email or through a prominent notice posted on the Sites.
An Important Note about Your Resume
When you create or post a resume to the Sites, that resume is stored in our searchable resume database in the Nigeria. You may control the status of your resume by setting it to hide.
If you set your resume as hidden, it is not searchable by potential employers or other with access to our resume database. You may still use your resume to apply online to a job. If you do apply online to a job, your resume will be transferred to the relevant employer, who may retain a copy of your resume or distribute it to third parties, subject to local law. We cannot control their use and retention of your resume information.
If you set your resume as not hidden, but want your contact information to be confidential, your resume will be searchable by potential employers, but we will hide your contact information and current company. You must also remove your contact information from your uploaded or copy and paste text resume. You should be aware that if you have a rare skill or job title, for example, it may still be possible for you to be identified even without your contact details being included. If you are worried about being identified, you should not include specific details by which you could be identified. If you use a confidential resume to apply to a job online, the employer to whom you send your resume will be able to view your contact information in order to contact you about your application.
We attempt to limit access to our searchable resume database to legitimate users such as paying employers, recruiters, hiring managers, headhunters and human resource professionals, as well as law enforcement and national security agencies, but cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to this database.
However, employers, recruiters and others who have paid for access to that database, as well as parties who have otherwise gained access to the database may have retained a copy of your resume in their own files or databases. We control the retention, use or privacy of resumes or profiles that have been downloaded by third parties. Accordingly, you should not put sensitive information, personality profiles, or other information you would not want made public, in your resume.
If you provide us with details of a reference, it is your responsibility to ensure that the person is aware that you have forwarded his/her details and has consented in writing for you to do so.
If you use our facilities to build a resume or to post a resume in our database of jobseekers’ resumes, then you will be providing us with personal data we will use in accordance with this Statement. Your resume must not contain sensitive data relating to your (i) racial or ethnic origin (ii) political beliefs (iii) philosophical or religious beliefs (iv) membership of a trade union or political party (v) physical or mental health or genetic makeup, if you set your resume as hidden unless you have previously sent to us your written consent that we may process your sensitive personal data, if Employables determines this to be a requirement of applicable law. If your resume does contain such data and you set your resume as public, then you agree that we may retain this information and use it in accordance with this Statement.
Your Choices About Your Information
Because managing your career is a life-long process, we retain all the information we gather about you in an effort to make your repeat use with us more efficient, practical and relevant until you change or remove your personal data as described below. You may have access to, review, correct, update, and change or delete your account profile information or resume at any time. Simply log into your account, go to your profile or resume, and make the necessary changes. You may delete your resume from our online database at any time by accessing your account. Before providing you with a copy of your personal information or correcting, updating or deleting such information, we reserve the right to verify and authenticate your identity and the personal information to which you have requested access. Access to or correction, updating or deletion of your personal information may be denied or limited by Monster if it would violate another person’s rights and/or as otherwise permitted by applicable law. We will respond to information access requests within 30 days of receipt. If we require additional time to provide access to your information, we will acknowledge receipt of your request within 30 days and promptly supplement our response within the time period required by applicable law.
If you wish to revoke your consent to our Privacy Statement, please click here to contact us. However, please note that if you do withdraw your consent, you may not be able to use the relevant services and your account and profile information will be deleted.
If you previously opted to receive newsletters, commercial e-mails or other communications from us or third parties, but subsequently change your mind, you may opt-out by editing your account profile as described above. If you previously opted not to receive such communications, you may later opt-in by editing your account profile.
You are responsible for ensuring that your log-in credentials (your username and password) are kept confidential.
Monster has implemented technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. Notwithstanding such measures, the Internet is an open system and we cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. Moreover, one of our primary purposes is to provide you with a platform to broadcast the information in your resume and profile widely and to maximize your career opportunities. Accordingly, such an environment does present a risk that unauthorized third parties will view this data, so you should refer to our Security Centre for additional information on conducting a safe job search. Further, your resume should not contain any sensitive data including personality profiles or data that you would not want made public. You should be aware that resumes you complete at your current place of work may be monitored by your current employer.
Employables is not intended for, nor do we knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13.
Changes to Privacy Statement
If we decide to change the substance of our Privacy Statement for Employables, we will, where required, contact you via the email address that you maintain in your profile. We will also post those changes through a prominent notice on the web site so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information, and to whom we will disclose it.
Legal and Contact Information
Your data is submitted to Mark Calthers Consulting and is hosted and stored in a database on servers situated in the ……….. Owned and maintained by Zeesoft Technologies, a Software corporation, whose principal place of business is at 29, Idowu Martins, Off Adeola Odeku, Victoria Island, Lagos is the legal entity determining the purposes and means of processing the information gathered at the Sites and is the data controller of all data stored in the Employables database.
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement or believe that we have not adhered to this Privacy Statement, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or contact us at
Mark Calthers Consulting
51, Isaac John Street,
Thank you for using Employables.